Welcome to Edenhurst Preparatory School, an independent, co-educational day school located in Newcastle under Lyme, Staffordshire for pupils aged three months to eleven years.
Our aim is to inspire and support pupils in their learning, and to build a solid foundation for future success. Our dedicated staff and small class sizes help us to achieve this by creating a positive learning environment, with a healthy mix of play, discovery and responsibility.
When the time comes for our pupils to leave Edenhurst, we take pride in their confidence and individuality, their passion for learning, and their ability to embrace all challenges they may encounter in later life.
We are very mindful of the importance of developing a partnership between school and home, maintaining regular contact between teaching staff and parents in order to best serve the needs of each child.
We have a vision:
- To equip children with the necessary skills and attributes to thrive in a rapidly changing world.
- We want our children to have the ‘Edenhurst Edge’ – that little bit extra that sets them above their peers.
Our core values are clearly understood and shared by every member of the Edenhurst school community and we:
- nurture – developing children’s individual talents and gifts by providing an appropriate level of challenges.
- inspire – using the latest technology to provide a broad and balanced curriculum delivered by Specialist teachers.
- achieve – fostering a love of learning and equip children with the necessary skills to succeed, achieving excellent results in all areas of school life.
Our School Development Plan allows you to know more about our ethos and exciting plans for the future and as the headteacher of Edenhurst my door is always open to discuss this further.
I invite you to come and visit our school, to meet the staff and pupils, and to experience first-hand the warm and welcoming atmosphere we are so very proud of.
We look forward to meeting you.
Michael Hibbert, Headteacher