“Ah, music,” he said, wiping his eyes. “A magic beyond all we do here!”
(J.K. Rowling – Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone)
Learning to play an instrument enriches all aspects of a child’s education. It enhances enjoyment and instils personal discipline and achievement. Weekly instrumental lessons are available on a rotational basis. Pupils can begin lessons at any point.
At Edenhurst, we have team of excellent and highly qualified visiting music teachers, who offer vocal, piano and instrumental lessons.
Instrumental teachers’ timetables are displayed on the school website, Music notice board and in form rooms.
Each year, a large percentage of pupils have instrumental / vocal lessons. Pupils are actively encouraged to prepare for and to take the ABRSM graded exams. Edenhurst is a recognised exam centre, so pupils, can take their exams at school.
- Mrs. S. Jones – (Clarinet/ Recorder/ Saxophone/ Flute)
- Mrs. A. Hollingshead – Bland – (Guitar)
- Mrs. S. Bailey – (Violin / Cello / Piano / Voice)
- Mr. M. Clowes – (Percussion / Drums)
- Mr. A. Thorley – (Piano / Voice / Theory)