Fees in response to COVID-19
In light of current circumstances and the fact that it is highly likely children will not physically be in school, we have reviewed our school fees for the Summer Term 2020.
Whilst many schools continue to charge full fees, Bellevue Education have made the following arrangements for Edenhurst Preparatory School:
- Parents of day pupils will be asked to pay 70% of day fees
- Parents who are able, and willing, to pay 100% fees – or more than 70% – are encouraged to do so; any contribution above the 70% will be put into a dedicated fund to support other parents at this school who are facing temporary hardship and need assistance with fees. Bellevue will match, pound for pound, any contribution made in this way.
- Parents of Nursery or Pre-Reception aged children will be charged 15% of their last monthly bill. We recognise we are not delivering online learning for this group, but your contribution will very much help in supporting the school.
- Fees in September 2020 will at the minimum be kept at the 2019/20 original level, although we will continue to be mindful of the economic climate.
Our School Fees enable us to continue our commitment to ensuring the school is able to offer the highest possible standard of education and care for all our pupils.
The fees per term from September 2018 for the Michaelmas Term 2018, Hilary Term 2019 and Trinity Term 2019 are as follows:
|School Fees 18/19|
|Pre-Prep (Reception, Forms 1 & 2)||£2,960 per term|
|Prep (Preps 3-6)||£3,583 per term|
Lunches: £2.75 per day
Fees include before and after school care, which is available for all pupils everyday from 7:30 am until 6:00 pm.
Edenhurst offers the following sibling discount:
£50 per term for second child
£100 per term for third and subsequent children
We also offer discounted school fees for members of the teaching profession and former pupils - please contact us for more details.
Pupil Insurance: £6.20 per term
Outings and Trips: £45 per term - this covers all class trips and travel except for other special events and foreign travel
Hymn Book: £14.50 (from Form 1)
Recorder: £6.50 (from Form 2)
Dictionary: £7.50 (from Prep 4)
Thesaurus: £7.50 (from Prep 5)
Handwriting pen or Fountain pen: £1
Ink cartridge: £0.25
Financial Support Schemes
At the moment parents at Edenhurst have the option to pay for the childcare element of school costs using one of:
- Childcare Vouchers - launched in 2005
- Tax-Free Childcare – launched in 2017
The Childcare Vouchers scheme closed to new applicants in October 2018, although those who are already part of a scheme may continue using vouchers towards their childcare costs.
Allows parents to salary sacrifice part of their salary on which they pay no tax or national insurance. The scheme makes the allowances below:
- Basic-rate (20%) taxpayer: £55/week voucher, max annual tax/NI saving £930.
- Higher-rate (40%) taxpayer: £28/week voucher, max annual tax/NI saving £630.
- Top-rate (45%) taxpayer: £25/week voucher, max annual tax/NI saving £590.
The amounts listed above are regardless of the number of children a parent has. The scheme is not accessible to the self-employed.
This scheme allows parents to pay money into an online account. For every £8 paid in by parents the government will contribute £2, with an annual limit of £2000 annually per child. Tax-Free Childcare is available to working parents, including the self-employed The scheme is paid for by parents from post-tax and employee NI contributions; there are certain conditions in terms of employment and income that parents must meet in order to pay into the scheme. To check your eligibility and apply online visit: www.childcarechoices.gov.uk
For further details of how to register to be able to use Childcare Vouchers or Tax Free Childcare to offset against school fees, please contact our Finance Team on 01782 619348, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Nursery Fees can be viewed here.